How to Join
- You can enroll into 4-H anytime throughout the year, however there are a few participation events that are enrollment date specific.
- Re-enrolling members must enroll online by November 1st in order to show at the Central Wisconsin State Junior Fair or take part in county or state sponsored 4-H events. Project changes and additions can be made online until May 1st.
- New members must enroll online by May 1st in order to show at the Central Wisconsin State Junior Fair
- To enroll please visit https://wi.4honline.com.
- This enrollment guide will help you with step by step instructions on how enroll as a first time 4-H member.
Who Can Join
- 4-H grade is determined as of October 1st.
- Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd graders enroll as Cloverbuds. In 3rd grade, members enroll as Explorers. Beginning in 4th grade, members enroll in specific 4-H project areas (i.e. beef, soils, clothing, food and nutrition).
- Youth continue to be eligible for membership one year beyond high school. Graduation from 4-H may be following high school graduation or one year after high school graduation.
- Wood County 4-H charges $3.00 per youth.
- Individual clubs may have an additional enrollment fee. Contact your local club general leader for specifics.
Find a 4-H Club
- A list of clubs and contact information for leaders can be found here. If you have any questions, contact the UW-Extension office at 715-421-8439 or email us.
- You can also contact the general leader for the club you are interested in joining, and they can give you more information about their 4-H club.